What is a Liebster Blog Award, you may ask? These are the types of questions that plague us in these mysterious times. That may seem overly dramatic, however, I think the blogging community has a better chance of uncovering who the Zodiac killer was than finding out who started this whole Liebster thing. After diligently scouring the internet for at least ten minutes, this is what I discovered:
“Some time, somewhere (rumour has it that it might be Germany), someone decided to do something nice for a lot of bloggers and started the Liebster Blog Award. It’s an award you receive, but it is also an award that you give. If you receive a Liebster Blog Award, please choose 3 or more bloggers and send them one as well.” (stolen from http://tracycampbellwriter.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/liebster-blog-award/ )
Once you receive your award, you must do the following:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. So many, many thanks to LimebirdBeth at Limebird Writers: http://limebirduk.wordpress.com/ I was actually really excited that someone who happened to stumble across my relatively new blog was motivated enough to think of me for this. It is also what I love about the internet the most; that as a global community we can meet people and interact with them, when we may never have had the chance to any other way.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you. Done. See above link – and I would recommend clicking it as well, they have a lot of relevant writerly things to say.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. That would be the cool graphic above that I also stole from other bloggers.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed. I have seen the above 3 or more followers mentioned, but the majority have been the number five. Since I always follow directions to the letter (*choke* *gasp*), I will be naming 5 blogs.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
Okay, I know the suspense is killing you, so here are my 5 blog picks that deserve to be nominated for a Liebster Blog Award!
1. A. W. Omyn – Writing Adventures: http://awomyn.wordpress.com/2011/12/10/a-letter-to-santa/#comment-33 She is a YA/fantasy/paranormal aspiring novelist, and holds a Black Belt in the Sarcastic Arts; if you like it blunt and hilarious, you will enjoy immersing yourself in her world.
2. CDeminski’s Blog: http://cdeminski.wordpress.com/ Carol is a published short story writer whose flash fiction and short pieces can be found in several literary journals such as Right Hand Pointing and Spilling Ink Review. She covers a variety of topics at her blog, and does so with a dose of humor.
3. Black Alchemy – Dark Works and Speculative Horror from Hope Sullivan McMickle: http://blackalchemy.wordpress.com/ There are some cool flash fiction pieces and a lot of stuff from the heart. If you love zombies and vampires that don’t sparkle – check this one out.
4. Robert S. Wilson – Author of Shining in Crimson and The Quiet: http://shiningincrimson.blogspot.com/ Anyone who knows me, knows I’m a sucker for dystopian fiction. This is Robert’s arena, and he has a great dystopian (non-sparkling) vampire series (Shining in Crimson is Book One), and a very disturbing novella that I love, “The Quiet”. Plus – he’s a fellow musician.
5. Scribbla – For writers who need an audience for their daily scribbles: http://scribbla.wordpress.com/ There is some awesome and intense stuff going on here. I feel like I’m eavesdropping on an art piece in progress – do it!
So there you have it folks; some bloggers you should take the time to visit. I am continually blown away by all of the talent that is out there waiting to be stumbled on. Thank you internet for being more than just a virus and hacking breeding ground every once in a while.